So last night Heather and I tried a new tool out, the Williams & Sonoma “Stuffed” Burger Press. I’d give it a 6/10 for performance but for $18 who can complain? The point is though, that it did what it was supposed to do and that was, to produce an amazing burger filled with yummy goodness inside.
For incredibly tasting backyard sliders, try this recipe out:
- 500 grams of premium ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp of your favorite rub – for these bad boys I used Meathead’s Rendezvous Rub
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 rashes of back bacon (fried up nice a crispy like)
- 1/2 cup of grated Old Amsterdam cheese (from Amsterdam of course!)
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients above, save for the bacon and cheese, that you’ll do just before you grill. Once the mince is combined with all the ingredients, let it rest in the fridge in a zip top bag for about thirty minutes.
When ready, pull out your mince and get your press ready, that is, grease it a bit with some olive oil. This ensures the patties come out nicely instead of a sticky mess (which was exactly what happened with our first attempt!) Add enough meat into each of the halves, then to each side, press the “well maker” which makes a nifty little nook for the inside goodness. Fill that with a bit of bacon and a bit of cheese and crimp the press together. Voila. Pat the patties together a bit more (this is where the press kind of fails) but if you don’t mind this step, you’ll save yourself your burgers falling apart.
I grilled the burgers for 2.5 minutes per side at 400 degrees F and then let them rest for another 2 minutes. The result? Big smiles all the way around. Also, in an attempt to lower our carb intake, we used two lettuce leaves instead of buns and it all turned out wonderfully well. Check out the photos below!
Overall Heather Rating: 9/10